24 January 2007

Called to What?

I had a long talk with my pastor today.
He asked me if I wanted to lead people.
I know I was supposed to say yes.
And part of me really wanted to say yes.
But there was a big part of me that wanted to scream, "NO!NO!NO!! I'm just a kid. There are people in this church that have been humble followers of Christ three times as long as I've been breathing! How am I supposed to lead them??"

So we talked at length about how to determine what it means to lead.
And what it means to have a vision.
And how to get people to buy into that vision.

Seminary didn't teach me to do my job.
Life hasn't taught me to do my job.
And the church certainly never taught me to do my job.

If I didn't love it so much, I'd feel horrible about my job.
I guess that's what it means to be called: called to what? I have no idea.
But "called" is the only way I can explain the peace I felt in that conversation today.
It should have put me on all sorts of edges.

And I fel tmore centered today than I have in 7 months here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was a great post! It is amazing what God's grace can do in your life. It can have you do things that you never would imagine yourself being able to do otherwise.