21 February 2011
Gifts of Grace
This week has seen so many events it would be impossible to count the ways God has been at work in my life. I have seen old friends, new friends, talked with family, hugged on Ella, met with our Committee on Ministry, worked diligently at two jobs, traveled, and been in more situations than a normal week would carry for me.
In the midst of it all, this disciple, this habit of counting Gifts has been rooted deeper in my soul. In moments of frustration, count the gifts of this moment. In times of tears, where is my God in this? Where am I in this? Learning to count has been as significant in recent months as it was the first time I learned to count. It has placed me in this world. It has shown me a new way. It has given me understanding. In the midst of my selfishness, I am learning to see God. Where I want to say, "But GOD!" I'm learning to say, "But, God ...." and find where God is at work.
My cup runneth over this week with gratitude.
127. A growing group of friends
128. Finally getting caught up at work
129. A growing daughter
130. Getting to see her in action at her school
131. Watching her almost-teary goodbye, a reminder of her deep love for us
132. Her incredible Kindergarten teacher
133. Hearing that - as of right now - her Spring Break is still intact!
134. A signed form
135. Watching an amazing little girl grow and develop
136. Hunter. That's all there is to that. He is pure delight!
137. The way cheese comes in innumerable flavors.
138. A taste of my childhood and memories of my grandmother.
139. The chance to talk to my sister at length
140. Worship songs that bring my spirit to life
142. The wind of springtime
143. Hearing chirping birds as I wake
144. 6 days off in a row
145. Getting through a difficult night by counting the Graces
146. A week full of gratitude
It has been a marvelous week.