17 December 2005

Delightful Fun

What is it that causes me to have so much fun in one night and a miserable time another?
At a party earlier this semester I couldn't wait to get out the door! I was tired and cranky and just not in the mood to have fun.
Tonight I was all of those things and not having much fun ...
until someone put a Santa hat on my head.

I tell you, the thing was magical.
In fact, 30 minutes after leaving the party, I'm still wearing it.
I danced until my feet were sore,
I laughed and sang until my throat was dry and scratchy.
I connected with friends new and old.

I missed my girls.

But I know that the times we've had together will be remembered as vividly as I'll remember tonight. Sarah has moved away, but we're friends, and friends stay friends. Tonight I was keenly aware of their absence, but equally as delighted to be engaging with people I would otherwise not have enjoyed had the girls been there. I fellowshipped to the point of exhaustion.

And soon I will crawl into my bed and sleep a deep, deep sleep that I suspect will last the better part of 10 hours.

Maybe there really is some magic in this festive time of the year.

I think I'll sleep in the Santa hat!

1 comment:

Dana B said...

There must have been some magic in that Santa hat you found...for when they put it on your head, you began to dance around....

yeah, long and fabulous night :)