12 September 2007

He is HERE!

At 12:18 p.m. California time yesterday, my world got 6 pounds, 11 oz. better!

Miles Wesley McPhee, the son of my roommate Erin and her husband Matt, was born yesterday. A few months ago I commented that I had missed their wedding and didn't want to miss the early stages of her life as a mom. And so yesterday I began thinking about that all over again. Could I make it possible to see them soon?

The answer just might be yes!
So Erin, when you read this, I'll see you soon, my sweet friend.

As ministers and as friends, we rely very much on one another for support. I want to support them as their lives change. We are who we are largely because of who we love and who loves us. The McPhees shape my life and my ministry. It is a blessing and a joy to consider Erin and Matt my friends. I am looking forward to sharing their lives again for a few days very soon. (And - let's face it - I can't wait to get my hands on Mr. Miles!)

I'll post a picture or two when I get them.
Welcome to a great family Miles!
You're going to love your parents.
I know because I do!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Miles is a great name!!!

Sharon said...

Oh yay!!! Can't wait to see pics! And I'm with you wholeheartedly- friends truly do shape your life in beautiful ways!