08 October 2007

Good News in Guatemala!!

It's awful to be adopting in Guatemala right now. The legal stuff is really uncertain. And then just now, I hopped on over to my friend Sharon's blog and found a little bit of hope. Here are her words:

IT HAPPENED! Colleen came to my door this afternoon and offered me a rose to advance to the next level! The sweetest words I ever heard: "Sharon, will you accept this rose?"

WE ARE OUT OF PGN!!!!!!

I'm absolutely in shock. No, it hasn't sunk in yet. I cried. A lot. I didn't know what to say and still don't. I'm so grateful that no one is ever going to come and tell me that our adoption can't be approved. No one will ever take her from me. She is now my daughter! Legally. Officially.

And all I want to do right now is praise the Lord, our God Almighty, who is incredibly faithful! Thank you, Lord God, for this beautiful child and for every blessing you've abundantly blessed us with these last two years! Thank you for providing for this adoption and thank you for providing what we needed during the last fourteen months of fostering!

I'm going home! Really, really going home.

Sharon has been in Guatemala for more than a year. Bella is 16 months old. They've waited and waited and waited some more.

Not today.

Today no one can ever take Bella from them.
Praise the Great God of Heaven for some good news from Guatemala!!!

And to Sharon, I'll see you in St. Louis soon. :)

No comments: