26 January 2008

Absolutely Unnecessary!

A few weeks ago, I had a routine doctor's appointment. Scheduled at 11:00, I was 10 minutes early, here's how it went down.

10:50 a.m. Are you here to see Dr. N?
Yes.
She'll be with you in just a few minutes. Have a seat.
12:15 p.m. "Erin." (yeah, that was "just a few minutes!)
12:30 p.m. Still waiting.
12:50 p.m. In walks the Physicians' Assistant.
She takes my vitals, etc. Asks a few questions. Asks me if I have questions.
"Yes, I have one." And I ask her.
"Wow, that really stumps me; maybe you should make another appointment to see Dr. N."
12:53 p.m. Physicians' Assistant leaves the room.

Today, I got my Explanation of Benefits for that visit.
The office charged NINETY FIVE DOLLARS for three minutes with a useless twit! AND ... told me to make ANOTHER APPOINTMENT -- another Ninety Five Dollars!

I can't imagine what it must be like to live without health insurance.
That's just ridiculous.

1 comment:

Becca said...

That is plain ridiculous. Praying for you - I hope everything is okay.

Peace and Hugs,
Becca