Katie tagged me on a 7 Random Things post, so here are 7 random things about me:
1. I am a voracious reader. It's a very rare occasion that I'm working on only one book at a time. If that's the case, I'm probably seeking out some new books because keeping up with just one is too simple. I will read from any tradition, any author (almost), children's books, adult books, theology books, books about gardening, books about cooking, books about things I have no interest in, magazines, newspapers, signs at museums, labels at grocery stores .... It's almost compulsive how much I love to read.
2. I don't balance my checkbook. I think I may have done it once or twice when I first opened my first account. But not since then. This makes my mother, the banker, crazy.
3. I have 4 friends who are having babies within 2 weeks this September, and one who will have a 1st birthday. It is also the month I plan to make an international getaway. The moms are all over the country, so getting to see all these little ones might be a little tough. That is going to be really hard on me; I love to see my friends as brand new moms!
4. My living room is decorated in baseball memorabilia. I have collector's edition baseballs, autographs, newspaper articles framed, pieces from Russia, photographs, and more. I bought my furniture to coordinate with my collection. One of our deacons says my living room is just a pool table away from any man's dream. And yet ...
5. I haven't kissed a boy in almost 2 years. Sad, I know.
6. My sister and I both swam on a swim team growing up. My mom, being the gentle woman she is, always found a way to support whatever we did, no matter how bad or good we were at it. Annie was exceptional. She won regional and state titles all the time, even qualifying for nationals more than once. I, on the other hand, was S L O W. Mom used to tell people, "I love to watch both of my girls swim. Annie is so fast and the races are so exciting, and I get to watch Erin's perfect strokes for so long."
7. I have a small obsession with shoes. While it may not be surprising, it is a little random for a girl who hates to shop, rarely wears makeup, and could really care less about her clothes. Shoes, on the other hand, are a whole different story.
I am going to tag Lindsey, Becca, Dana, Kari, Leigh Anne (Colin), and Sarah.