- I like COMMENTS! Please say hello, whether you're an old friend, a new friend, a friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend. Whoever you are, I want to hear from you. I'd like to know you better! You are welcome here. :)
- The world is CRAZY! Earthquakes, flooding, cyclones, tropical storms. What is going ON?!?
- My Thought for Thursday: Will you be watching the Olympics this year? How do you feel about China's government policies? If you don't know much, please find out about the things they're doing to people to make this happen.
- Baseball. I do love it. Lots.
- Wall-building. I set out to build a retaining wall over the holiday weekend out of those "easy" do it yourself blocks they sell at every home improvement store. I decided I don't know enough bad words to do that project. oy!
- Children. They make me smile. Even the ones that are difficult for me to love the same way I love a few like Landon, there's something so pure and right about a child. I love to be with them, to teach them, to watch them. They are the highlight of my job.
- VBS. Will it EVER get here so it can be off my desk? I am so tired of planning for the week; I just want it to be June 9 so we can have some fun (see previous bullet)!
- Careers. I've been thinking a lot about mine lately. For those of you who read into things, let me say it clearly, "I'M NOT GOING ANYWHERE!" I've just been thinking about where I want to be in 15 years as Jamie celebrated his 15th anniversary at Immanuel two weeks ago.
- Blogs. I read tons of them. And I enjoy them. For my blogger friends, thank you for writing so openly. You give me much to consider, and I value that.
- Yoga. It is my refuge, my solace, that which makes my days joyous. I look forward to every single opportunity to practice. I never -- NEVER -- think, "oh, I guess I should go..."
- Retreat. For my friends in professional ministry ... do you get retreat days? How often? What do they look like? Vacation days? Personal time? Or are they built into your scheduled "benefits?"
29 May 2008
It has been a crazy-busy week for me. I say that a lot but I don't think I've had a week like this one since the finals week in seminary where I wore the same clothes for 3 days. And by "wore the same clothes for 3 days" I mean - didn't get a chance to take them off. So the blogging has, of course, gone by the wayside. Because of that, I have several thoughts I'd like to throw out there for you that don't really need a lot of explanation.