Think back on the last 15 years of your life. What would you tell someone that you hadn’t seen or talked to for 15 years? How would you sum up your life? You get 10 bullet points. A list of 10 things to summarize you. At the end of your list, tag 5 more people and send on the love.
- 15 years ago I was 16 years old and had just gotten my drivers license a few months prior (February). I was preparing to start my junior year of high school, and I was in the process of selecting a college, taking ACTs, etc. It was a busy time in my life, I'm sure.
- I have always been a girl who was a bit of a "knowledge junkie." At 15 years old, I was starting to question seriously my faith. It was more than stories to me and I was driving my pastor and Sunday School teachers crazy. Mom says she knew when I was very little that I would work for a church; at about 15, I was vehemently denying this process (who knew!?!?).
- I love to cook, but I don't do it very often. Cooking for one is hard, but I love to look through new recipes; I have a TON of cookbooks, and sometimes I just pull them out and flip through them, looking for an excuse to try new recipes. I have high end kitchen tools, pots, and dishes. Mostly they collect dust in my house and I opt for a cheese quesadilla.
- I have a desperate love for children. I have none of my own, and I have a list about 900 reasons long never to give birth, but I can't get enough of them. They are passionate in a simple, realistic way. A swiped toy is the end of the world to a child because in that moment, nothing matters more than that toy. Children are hilarious and loving and a 24/7 challenge. I want to be more like them.
- I have two degrees and I would be happy spending the rest of my life earning more of them. School has always been something I did well, and it is a passion of mine. It's the knowledge junkie thing. I am a voracious reader and seek out any opportunity I can find to talk about what I'm learning. If money were no object, I'd collect degrees like some people collect stamps - getting them from all over the world just for the sake of seeing what it's like there.
- I bore easily. I guess it's because of the knowledge junkie thing; I want to be learning something new all the time, and when I feel like I've "mastered" something, I move on. My house is full of started projects that I loved until I got good at them. Now I just don't want to finish them.
- Laundry is the bane of my existence. I absolutely hate it. Despite my best efforts to enjoy it, to see it as a project to be completed, I hate everything about it. And what do I hate most? Unless you do the laundry naked, it's NEVER finished because the clothes on your body are getting dirty as you wash the rest of them. Grr....
- Family is my life. I talk to my mom on the phone every day, at least once. My dad walks on water, I'm certain! My sister and brother-in-law are two of the funniest people on this earth. My grandmothers are amazing women with rich stories. My cousin is the cutest little thing (he's 26 now) and his fiancee is super. It's a small family, but I love them more than anything else in the world!
- I wish more people read my blog. I get jealous of my blog friends who have tons of comments a day. Send more people to my blog, wouldja? ;)
- In honor of last week's vacation, I have officially been waterskiing for 25 years this year. It's one of my favorite things to do and I never get bored of it. (See above.) My brother-in-law is about to get better than me, and I hate it. Stinking boys!