15 November 2011

A Season of Thanks: Day 15


Today is all about the littlest stinker in my life!

January 1, 2010 I officially became an Aunt.
And it's the best job I've ever had!

When he feels like it, Finley will climb into your lap and work on whatever it is that has his interest for the longest time. He's a few days shy of 1 in this picture and he sat there playing with the ribbon from a Christmas present for about 20-30 minutes. He is a smart kid, always trying to figure things out in the world around him.


GO CARDS! Even when he was too young to be able to focus properly, Annie started teaching him about baseball. At 22 months old, he asked to go to Spring Training. I kid you not! Tonight while we were on Skype, I showed him our baseball collection and his eyes just lit up! "Baseball!" That's my boy! :)



He's super-cool, too! The kid will leave a pair of sunglasses on his face until he's in the shade again. Finley is very "go with the flow," even as he approaches that independent stage of 2. I love that one of his favorite phrases is "yyyyye-esssss..."

I can't believe this picture is almost a year old now. Poor Finley woke up from his nap with a fever on the day of his first birthday party. You can tell by looking at his eyes that he just wasn't up to par that day. But he still managed to shove an entire cupcake in his mouth. For a child that had probably never tasted cake or frosting before this moment, he certainly knew just what to do with it.



His smile can brighten up a room on even the darkest of days.


He's growing up so fast. In just a few weeks he'll be 2. It's hard to believe he's been a part of our lives for two years already. And yet, it's hard to remember what we did before he was here. He is one of the most delightful children I've ever known - and I've known a LOT of kids!

Finley Thomas, I love you more than I know how to tell you. Thanks for making me smile tonight - and most every day. Know that you will always be super-special to me. Not only because you are who you are, but because you will always be the only person who made me an Aunt. I was born to play this role, and I love that I got to start with you for a nephew. You are a funny little boy, and I can't wait to watch you grow.

Love,
Aunt Erin

No comments: