05 November 2011

A Season of Thanks: Day 5

Today is devoted to Ella.

You can read more on my thoughts about Ella here. I wrote a tribute to her when we got married.

Suffice it to say, I've loved this kid a long time! She was 20 months old when I met her, and we've been great friends ever since.


This is Ella holding Maddox when he was just a few months old. This was taken during Sheri's first visit to Paducah after I moved there.


Over the years, this little Monkey has grown into a beautiful girl. She is so much fun to be with. Every weekend we get, every dinner, every opportunity to steal a few moments with her, I cherish.


She makes us laugh. When she gets into the mood, she is absolutely hysterical. She says things that no 7 year old should say and they make her sound just like her daddy.



She is "my girl." She always will be, and that makes me exceedingly happy.

I love you so much, Ella Faith. You are a beautiful girl with an even more beautiful heart. I can't wait to walk through this life with you, helping you grow and learn and become a phenomenal woman. I'm proud of who you are and even more proud of who you're becoming.

I am so thankful that God allowed me to be your step-momma.

No comments: