27 October 2007

Shiloh's Recent Mischief

Before you read this and see the pictures, you should know that ever since last Fall Shiloh's backyard time has been pretty strictly monitored. A year ago she would try to eat the insulation out from between my house and the siding. Once I discovered that, I started only letting her out unattended for 5 to 10 minutes at a time. This seems to work better, but sometimes she amazes me. Here's what she's been up to in the past week and a half.

Nooo ... not MY dog ... My dog would never do something like this:


My sweet Shiloh would never dig a hole this size in my backyard. I put my foot in it for reference. The rest of the hole didn't fit in the frame -- it's back behind my leg.

And why did she dig this hole? To get this:


Before Shiloh got to it, this was a TREE ROOT!!! Notice the size of the thing. This isn't some little stick -- this piece of root is probably a good 8" in diameter. She's nuts, I tell you!


So ... my plan was to fill the hole with some left over soil I had from a front yard project. I put the bags of soil (about 30 pounds each) inside the wire fence that keeps her out of the air conditioning unit (per above comment about the insulation). The next day, this is what I found in the yard.



Anyone care to tell me HOW she got the bags out of the fence???

1 comment:

Lance and Heather said...

Hello, we are friends with Russ and Katie and we’ve started a new website (www.popularbabyproducts.com). Check it out. If you like it, we would love for you to post it as a permanent link on your blog so that others can view it as well. Thanks so much, Lance and Heather