29 March 2009

EH2ED #1




I know, I'm already behind on my Earth Hour to Earth Day project. Sorry about that. Because I know that both of my readers are just DYING to know what I'm doing to save the planet.

Saturday's Earth Hour activity:

Quite simply, I participated in Earth Hour. Granted, it was an easy task for me this year because I was scheduled to be gone during that particular hour. But, because of that, I took extra steps to be sure I wasn't soaking up any unnecessary electricity during that time. I turned off all my light timers, my wireless router, and my outdoor lighting. While this hour of energy conservation doesn't do a whole lot to save the planet, it does serve as a reminder that we use a lot of unnecessary energy. Take a minute today and see where you can unplug.

No comments: